Global Alpha setup

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Global Alpha setup

Post by GSH34 on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 00:49

Greg,

How come you don't have any input into all the balancing/rule changes going on with the Global game? I thought you were a main playtester for Larry.

Dave

GSH34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Global Alpha setup

Post by SwampHQ on Fri 07 Jan 2011, 13:31

Dave,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you but I am just now coming back from my AA vacation.

I am assuming you are talking about the input on Larry's site regarding the rules changes.

Yes, I was, along with my group, one of the main playtest groups for the game. But since GEN CON, I have not been on the site much if at all and just have not been part of any revision to the rules.

Hope all is well.

Sincerely,

Greg Smorey
Axis & Allies EO/GM - ORIGINS/GENCON/SPRING GATHERING
http://www.headlesshorseman2.com/
A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. - General George S. Patton
SwampHQ
Admin

View user profile http://aaswampform.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GSH34 on Tue 11 Jan 2011, 02:28

It sounds like you are not planning on getting involved with all the Alpha setup and rule changes going on then, correct? You have such a deep history with and appreciation for A&A that I guess I was just expecting you to be one of the main guys helping to iron out any perceived wrinkles in the game. That's all.

Good luck to your Steelers in the playoffs.
Dave

GSH34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SwampHQ on Tue 11 Jan 2011, 15:22

GSH34 wrote:It sounds like you are not planning on getting involved with all the Alpha setup and rule changes going on then, correct? You have such a deep history with and appreciation for A&A that I guess I was just expecting you to be one of the main guys helping to iron out any perceived wrinkles in the game. That's all.

Good luck to your Steelers in the playoffs.
Dave

Dave,

Let me put it like this; for starters we weren't asked. This is kind of Larry's baby. Now, he would say that it is what we asked for. But like I have told him before, "Who's we?" Yes, I (we) played tested the global game and gave him all the input needed at the time. I do think it is a great game but only if that is the type of AA game you like playing. One of the biggest comments/concerns on our part during play testing was, we weren't too jazzed with the overall flow of the game and the main reason was it was way, way too long. And we felt like we were playing two different games at once. (E40 & P40). We had never finished one playing session and knew we probably were never going to. My comment was this was a "CON" game. One of those games were you site down, set up, and play all day maybe at best get one or 2 games in at the most, and that is your whole CON...

Again, nothing wrong with that, it is a great game, just not what we like as far as AA goes.

I also believe this game is starting to move away from the AA themed game and more into the realm of a lot of other WWII military strategy games. But again, that IMHO.

So, to answer your question, yes, I do have a tradition with Larry and the games, rules, errata's etc. I just won't be having much if any input on the revisions to global.

Hey, same goes to you, good luck with your Bears, hopefully we will meet in the Super Bowl...?

Peace,
Greg cheers

Greg Smorey
Axis & Allies EO/GM - ORIGINS/GENCON/SPRING GATHERING
http://www.headlesshorseman2.com/
A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. - General George S. Patton
SwampHQ
Admin

View user profile http://aaswampform.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top