How to get more AA Traffic on This Site?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to get more AA Traffic on This Site?

Post by SwampHQ on Wed 11 Mar 2009, 07:57

Gents,

Any suggestions on how to get more traffic on this site? I know, being the creator and facilitator of this forum, I am probably not here as much as I should be, but just curious if any would have any ideas/thoughts on why some of the other AA sites are more frequented?

Thanks for visiting and the thoughts.

Sincerely, sunny

Greg Smorey
Axis & Allies EO/GM - ORIGINS/GENCON/SPRING GATHERING
http://www.headlesshorseman2.com/
A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. - General George S. Patton
SwampHQ
Admin

View user profile http://aaswampform.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How to get more AA Traffic on This Site?

Post by Field Marshal Games on Wed 11 Mar 2009, 14:36

I think it is jut that this site is NEW, as you get more Google indexed the traffic will increase. I will try a few "tricks" I know to get this site higher in the search index.

I will also post a link on my forum that gets about 30 visitors a day.

Sign up to Google analytics so you can track WHERE visitors are coming from. This is a FREE service you can get from Google.
Field Marshal Games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisconsin-ite on Wed 11 Mar 2009, 20:01

Hi Greg, I was thinking maybe add on a category for players to post local gaming conventions. I see you have Origins & Gencon listed. Give some free advertising for smaller cons. Example: "I'm planning on running a Axis & Allies tourney at Gaming Hoopla on April 25th & 26th, 2009. The website for this conventions information is, www.gaminghoopla.com. Can't wait to see everyone there." If you were to have a category like "Conventions" on this website people would stop by more often to see if anything is happening in their area. Hope this helps, & if your in the area on April 25th, stop in. I'm always up for a game.

Wisconsin-ite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Field Marshal Games on Wed 11 Mar 2009, 21:27

Wisconsin-ite wrote:Hi Greg, I was thinking maybe add on a category for players to post local gaming conventions. I see you have Origins & Gencon listed. Give some free advertising for smaller cons. Example: "I'm planning on running a Axis & Allies tourney at Gaming Hoopla on April 25th & 26th, 2009. The website for this conventions information is, www.gaminghoopla.com. Can't wait to see everyone there." If you were to have a category like "Conventions" on this website people would stop by more often to see if anything is happening in their area. Hope this helps, & if your in the area on April 25th, stop in. I'm always up for a game.

Great idea. That would give the site more LIVE content. So users and game groups can use the site as a stop over and info update.
Field Marshal Games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SwampHQ on Thu 12 Mar 2009, 09:15

Wisconsin-ite wrote:Hi Greg, I was thinking maybe add on a category for players to post local gaming conventions. I see you have Origins & Gencon listed. Give some free advertising for smaller cons. Example: "I'm planning on running a Axis & Allies tourney at Gaming Hoopla on April 25th & 26th, 2009. The website for this conventions information is, www.gaminghoopla.com. Can't wait to see everyone there." If you were to have a category like "Conventions" on this website people would stop by more often to see if anything is happening in their area. Hope this helps, & if your in the area on April 25th, stop in. I'm always up for a game.

Thanks, for the advise...will do.

Peace,

Greg Smorey
Axis & Allies EO/GM - ORIGINS/GENCON/SPRING GATHERING
http://www.headlesshorseman2.com/
A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. - General George S. Patton
SwampHQ
Admin

View user profile http://aaswampform.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisconsin-ite on Sun 22 Mar 2009, 09:13

Glad I could help.

Wisconsin-ite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top