How to get more AA Traffic on This Site?

Go down

How to get more AA Traffic on This Site?

Post by SwampHQ on Wed 11 Mar 2009, 07:57

Gents,

Any suggestions on how to get more traffic on this site? I know, being the creator and facilitator of this forum, I am probably not here as much as I should be, but just curious if any would have any ideas/thoughts on why some of the other AA sites are more frequented?

Thanks for visiting and the thoughts.

Sincerely, sunny

Greg Smorey
Axis & Allies EO/GM - ORIGINS/GENCON/SPRING GATHERING
http://www.headlesshorseman2.com/
A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. - General George S. Patton
SwampHQ
Admin

View user profile http://aaswampform.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How to get more AA Traffic on This Site?

Post by Field Marshal Games on Wed 11 Mar 2009, 14:36

I think it is jut that this site is NEW, as you get more Google indexed the traffic will increase. I will try a few "tricks" I know to get this site higher in the search index.

I will also post a link on my forum that gets about 30 visitors a day.

Sign up to Google analytics so you can track WHERE visitors are coming from. This is a FREE service you can get from Google.
Field Marshal Games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisconsin-ite on Wed 11 Mar 2009, 20:01

Hi Greg, I was thinking maybe add on a category for players to post local gaming conventions. I see you have Origins & Gencon listed. Give some free advertising for smaller cons. Example: "I'm planning on running a Axis & Allies tourney at Gaming Hoopla on April 25th & 26th, 2009. The website for this conventions information is, www.gaminghoopla.com. Can't wait to see everyone there." If you were to have a category like "Conventions" on this website people would stop by more often to see if anything is happening in their area. Hope this helps, & if your in the area on April 25th, stop in. I'm always up for a game.

Wisconsin-ite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Field Marshal Games on Wed 11 Mar 2009, 21:27

Wisconsin-ite wrote:Hi Greg, I was thinking maybe add on a category for players to post local gaming conventions. I see you have Origins & Gencon listed. Give some free advertising for smaller cons. Example: "I'm planning on running a Axis & Allies tourney at Gaming Hoopla on April 25th & 26th, 2009. The website for this conventions information is, www.gaminghoopla.com. Can't wait to see everyone there." If you were to have a category like "Conventions" on this website people would stop by more often to see if anything is happening in their area. Hope this helps, & if your in the area on April 25th, stop in. I'm always up for a game.

Great idea. That would give the site more LIVE content. So users and game groups can use the site as a stop over and info update.
Field Marshal Games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SwampHQ on Thu 12 Mar 2009, 09:15

Wisconsin-ite wrote:Hi Greg, I was thinking maybe add on a category for players to post local gaming conventions. I see you have Origins & Gencon listed. Give some free advertising for smaller cons. Example: "I'm planning on running a Axis & Allies tourney at Gaming Hoopla on April 25th & 26th, 2009. The website for this conventions information is, www.gaminghoopla.com. Can't wait to see everyone there." If you were to have a category like "Conventions" on this website people would stop by more often to see if anything is happening in their area. Hope this helps, & if your in the area on April 25th, stop in. I'm always up for a game.

Thanks, for the advise...will do.

Peace,

Greg Smorey
Axis & Allies EO/GM - ORIGINS/GENCON/SPRING GATHERING
http://www.headlesshorseman2.com/
A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. - General George S. Patton
SwampHQ
Admin

View user profile http://aaswampform.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisconsin-ite on Sun 22 Mar 2009, 09:13

Glad I could help.

Wisconsin-ite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down