AA50 REPRINT PETITION

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AA50 REPRINT PETITION

Post by questioneer on Thu 14 May 2009, 10:14

Greg, thought this would be a good idea if you don't mind,

Please sign in if you would like to see the AA50 game reprinted and would be willing to buy it. If we get enough to sign in, AH/WOTC may listen and reprint it at least one more time. AA50 is truely the king of AAgames!!!

If we get 100+ votes then that will be worth it- may be enough to convince them to reproduce it.

I will relay all the results to the WOTC/AH website.
I have put this topic on most of the major AA websites so don't double vote!

Count me in- Questioneer
Total Votes- 1
Very Happy
questioneer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AA50 REPRINT PETITION

Post by questioneer on Tue 19 May 2009, 21:30

Including all the forums we got about 20 votes so far.

I just contacted WOTC about when or if they would reprint AA50. Over the phone, the customer service guy said that "the information has not been given out yet" and that he couldn't confirm when they would reprint it. He also said that he "could not rule out the possiblity" of Wizards reprinting the game.
Over our short conversation, it seems that he honestly didn't know and wanted to find out himself, yet he did say that there was no reason why WOTC wouldn't reprint it. In other words the question of reprinting AA50 is wide open.
If you are really interested in a reprint for the game, just call WOTC and ask if they would reprint it and tell them many want to buy the game. If several of us do this, their customer service guys may dig for the answer because of several calls on the topic.
There is only 300 people that work there so word will get around.
Maybe asking for Greg Leeds voicemail will help. I am definitley gonna fish around and dig for more answers to this with WOTC.
Here their number 425-226-6500 ( I believe they are on Pacific time)
questioneer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by questioneer on Mon 25 May 2009, 16:56

With all the AA sites combined there are 33 votes so far- keep em coming!!!
Smile
questioneer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by questioneer on Wed 03 Jun 2009, 21:13

Wow!!! Unbelievable. Just when you though WOTC couldn't sink low enough, they continue to amaze us all!!! Shocked
I received this on the WOTC forums about my AA50 Petition:
" ORC_Chaos
swirling and twirling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to complaints received about this thread, I've closed it. The thread will be reviewed to determine if it should be permanently closed, re-opened, and/or a new thread or threads created in itís place.

Are you kidding me????
Complaints???- there were absolutely ZERO complaints on the thread. The only "threat" came from management somewhere. Obviously, some head honcho in WOTC doesn't like what we are doing!!! That only makes me want to bug them more about this topic!- unbelievable! Mad
With all the sites combined we are up to 40+ votes now.
questioneer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by questioneer on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 10:40

Just received this from the WOTC site on the forums about the close of the petition there:

Today, 12:56 AM
AH_Von Manstein

Re: COMPLAINTS ABOUT AA50 PETITION???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody has complained...just talked to Greg leeds. Its a false alarm

The petition is alive and well. I will take 6 copies of the reprint. lets get to work on that 2nd printing now.

_______________________________________ _____________________________________

Sounds good huh???
Here was my response:

Thank you Von M,

Please inform Greg Leeds about this issue. There are many people including myself that would like to see this great game reprinted. Many people (including other those from other countries) have expressed buying another copy or more and there are many people who did not get a chance to buy it. I would doubt it if it sold out again. People WILL invest in a QUALITY product no matter what the price- to a certain extent anyway.

Also, on another issue, there are many people who would like AH/WOTC to invest more into creating historical boardgames like Axis and Allies, Diplomacy, Battlecry, Shogun... these types of games. These have succeeded the most at AH and they are the ones that will survive over time- because people will always talk about history.

As an Educator, I promote these type of game to teenagers and friends alike. I have found out that Math, Social Studies, Language Arts and even Science are practiced and applied when playing these types of simulations. It also gets people socially involved in this over-saturated videogame era.

Thank you for reopening the thread and I will continue the petition on the other Axis and Allies websites as well. Throughout the boardgaming community, there have been nothing but good things said about Greg Leeds. Finally, we have someone who will listen to us boardgamers, instead of just the fantasy/minis genre of people!!!

WOTC management must know that there is a huge market for these Axis and Allies boardgames (not just minis) and other historical games. If its surveys and petitions for evidence needed, we can provide them.

Thank you for your time,

Questioneer
questioneer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by questioneer on Thu 04 Jun 2009, 17:16

Alright, 50 votes (including all websites involved) so far and many of those people said they would buy 2-3 more extra copies for themselves or friends- keep it going!!! Smile
questioneer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top