Gen Con??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gen Con??

Post by guderian_blitz on Wed 30 Jun 2010, 23:37

Hi,
I'm new but have been a member of Triplea for over a year now. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some information on Gen Con. For example, where and when it is and if it is invite only. I'm really looking forward to playing in person again and this seems like the best way to improve my game further! Also, if there is lower tournaments because it may be best for me to "crawl before I run".

guderian_blitz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gen Con??

Post by Guest on Fri 02 Jul 2010, 13:48

Hey Blitz,
I don't know much about Gen Con, but my partner and I played our first tourney at Origins last weekend. We pretty much got crushed three games in a row. We had a great experience though and I highly recommend trying your luck at Gen Con. Everybody's friendly and awsome! We learned plenty and will both be back next year after polishing our game up a bit. If we can wrangle up the road trip money you won't be the only Newbie at Gen Con.

Back to top Go down

Post by squirecam on Fri 02 Jul 2010, 18:51

Gencon is this August 5-8 (Th-Sun) in Indianapolis, IN.

All the con info can be found at www.gencon.com. Thare are forums there too that will help you find hotel roommates.

Its not invite only. Anyone can and should go.

Greg also lists the A&A games he runs at this site. Just look under the Gencon tab.

squirecam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by guderian_blitz on Thu 08 Jul 2010, 00:39

Thanks guys!

guderian_blitz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Welcome

Post by SwampHQ on Thu 22 Jul 2010, 22:59

Blitz, Welcome...Hey, Like Squire said, GEN CON is a blast and is not invite only. We used to have an invitation only tournament but that has been put on the shelves until further notice...

Like he said, go to:

www.gencon.com to get all the great info. You can also go to my site as well and get all the AA info regarding events, times etc...

http://www.headlesshorseman2.com/index.html

Most people start showing up on Wednesday evening to start gaming but many also just come for a day or two...all depends on schedules.

This year we will be in room 105, so look for us if you make it...

By the way, where are you located?

Peace,

Greg Smorey
Axis & Allies EO/GM - ORIGINS/GENCON/SPRING GATHERING
http://www.headlesshorseman2.com/
A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. - General George S. Patton
SwampHQ
Admin

View user profile http://aaswampform.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum